Current trends in navigation, e-commerce, Apps, queries, ticket purchases and reservations, etc., are positioning mobile devices as the preferred means of consumers and users.
The mobile market is unstoppable and its hegemony in the world of advertising and on-line promotion is becoming unquestionable. However, the technologies and possibilities offered by the market must be used effectively, according to the projected mobile marketing strategy.
Therefore, mobile websites and mobile apps have been designed in a special way for navigation through tablets, and especially through Smartphones.
Responsive Web Design: advantages
Websites with a responsive or adaptive design, have been created with techniques that allow them to adapt in content and design to any mobile terminal, with different screen resolutions.
Among the most important advantages of this Responsive design is the possibility of developing a single Web page for all devices, using SEO optimization and avoiding having duplicate content in different Urls.
The user gets more usable tools, thanks to the fact that the website adapts to the device, whatever the orientation and links, etc..
Also for navigation and interaction with social networks has the best tool with responsive web design, so that different social networks will be opened on the mobile phone in an adapted version, automatically.
How does the adjustment to the device used take place?
By designing responsive websites, the website will recognize the type of device with which the user is making the connection and automatically adjusts the size of the screen, adapts content, page layout and navigation.
Cost savings are also an important advantage. Almost always the accommodation of a Web site in these devices is cheaper than the cost of designing websites for specific mobile.
- Every day the time of use of mobile devices increases with figures that increase from year to year, 7 out of 10 people connect each day through their mobile phone for more than half an hour.
- 90% of users connect to the Internet from their mobile device every day or almost every day. In terms of hours, 70% of people with a mobile phone look at it first thing in the morning when they wake up.
- Internet purchases are increasing every year through mobile devices, and also banking operations. For banking transactions there is an estimate in 2020 that mobile phones will be the instrument to carry out our operations with banks by 80%.
SEO and web responsive, digital positioning
Having a responsive website will allow us to have our brand, products or services better positioned when using the most powerful search engines, as is the case with Google. That way, we will be able to attract more traffic to our website.
It has been shown that users gain confidence and security when acquiring a product from a website that is integrated and is “friendly” for their mobile phone. When optimizing SEO, the URL is the same in the case of mobile version as in the desktop version, so it is only necessary to optimize the content for SEO once.
It is usual that the main search engines, such as Google, Yahoo! or Bing, treat a responsive design as if it were a single URL, which favors the indexation of the content of the page. Taking into account the evolution, it is very foreseeable that trends will increasingly promote the integration of SEO and positioning in the network, within the strategies defined in inbound marketing of companies.
It should not be forgotten that SEO also has its support in the positive experience of users and responsive design is a decisive factor for that experience.
Some consequences of not having a responsive website
If we do not attach importance to having a web adapted to mobile devices, the risks are clear:
- Not having the right traffic. You can lose up to 40% of the potential traffic that could be obtained if you had the responsive web.
- In attracting new users and customers, first impressions and first navigability count. If users have some kind of problem when it comes to viewing your site, it is most likely that they do not re-enter it and choose other options.
- Registration or subscription forms. If they are not properly optimized for mobile use, we will frustrate users, and the subscription will not occur.